Last Seen
07 Oct 2022
Topics
Discord
MyNameAZeus#0763
IGN
MyNameAZeus

âš¡Map 6 Nether Tunnelsâš¡

For my map 6 nether tunnel submission I decided to go with a caves and cliffs themed design that uses the same general shape from my previous tunnel design for map 5. The block palette is changed for this year to reflect the newest Minecraft update, including DeepslateCopper, and most prominently, Dripstone.

The tunnel is more open than map 5's design, allowing for easier elytra travel, and can be lit brightly with whichever light block is easiest to farm (as they are mostly not visible in the design). While I know my designs don't use the easiest blocks to source, and won't be the simplest to build, I believe this design is a great representation of the newest Minecraft update and can bring the cave vibes of 1.18 into the nether.

Here's a few pictures:

2021-11-25_18.16.52.png

2021-11-26_13.40.56.png

2021-11-25_18.15.43.png

x2
âš¡
MyNameAZeus · 10 months ago
MadMoose0

MadMoose0

Last Seen
30 Jul 2022
Topics
Discord
Moose#7128
IGN
MadMoose0

The Main One

An amateur attempt here.

Let's be honest, Nether is scary and no one likes to go there. But since we do often move around using it, let's make this scorched place less terrifying with bright colors and simple rustic design.

I'd like the tunnel to be as spacious as possible, so moving around with elytra won't require a lot of focus.

More screenshots under the spoiler:

Spoiler

Edit: Had to make some adjustments in order to remove spawnable block (silly me ignored that in Nether good lightning is not enough). It's a bit less clean than it was before and more tricky to build, but I still kind of like how it looks. Thanks to ReiA and Syntaxvgm for pointing out this issue to me.

x1
MadMoose0 · 10 months ago · Last edited: 10 months ago
Syntaxvgm

Syntaxvgm

Last Seen
05 Dec 2021
Topics
IGN
Syntaxvgm
MadMoose0:

The Main One

An amateur attempt here.

Let's be honest, Nether is scary and no one likes go there. But since we do often move around using it, let's make this scorched place less terrifying with bright colors and simple rustic design.

My idea of the nether tunnel is to make it fairly easy to build and get materials for. Pattern is simple and with no tricky placements, all blocks are farmable. Design takes advantage of moss bonemealing to create unique vegetation patterns that helps to mask repetitiveness of the build.

I'd like the tunnel to be as spacious as possible, so moving around with elytra won't require a lot of focus.

More screenshots under the spoiler:

Spoiler

This is a nice look, but the moss isn't spawn proof anywhere there isn't carpet or an azelia. Any block that has grass on it can spawn piglins as well. I think with a few tweaks this would be perfect. The only plants I think cant spawn anything are azelias, which you have, and big dripleafs. 

x2
Syntaxvgm · 10 months ago · Last edited: 10 months ago
ReiA

ReiA

Last Seen
05 Oct 2022
Topics
IGN
ReiA

OurSolid-ReiA tunnel Plot 0,5 (I just helped him with WE and he forced me to post it and put my name too xD)

I call it "1.18 Farmer's Nightmare" tunnel design, enjoy (imgur link for more screenshots):

https://imgur.com/a/fKIyJd7

Materials: cobbled deepslate, stripped birch logs, green stained glass, moss blocks, moss carpets, dripstone blocks, tuff, calcite, spruce (stairs, trapdoors, slabs, fences), lanterns, spore blossoms (are they even farmable??), chains, pointed dripstone, glow lichen, glowberries, mossy cobble (walls, stairs and slabs).

x1
ReiA · 10 months ago · Last edited: 10 months ago
ReiA

ReiA

Last Seen
05 Oct 2022
Topics
IGN
ReiA

And finally, my own design with sci-fi aesthetics.

I call it "Sci-cheap tunnel"

Pliz visit it in the creative map plot number 0,4 (coords -13 370)

I ignored all the guidelines and did what I really wanted, no ice row in the middle, no slabs and no glass, spawnproofed using only stairs (yes a pain in the a** to place for some, but cool as hell)

Colored details for each of the four corridors, asymmetric design to know if you are coming or going from the hub and flat roof on both sides for elytra lovers.

Colorful signage on the sides of the ice road to avoid being run over by a boat.

Crossing from one side to the other without obstacles, weee!

And cheap! The bill amounts to:

-trizillion blocks of stone and derivatives, black and yellow wool, some andesite for the details (which do not have to be copied literally, can be placed at will, like the chains), iron for chains and trap doors, black stone that we will get a lot by mining the tunnels and quartz so Wimex don't get bored, colored concrete and hidden lights so we can use the ones we have more at hand (blocks) and a "few" end rods.

I used black wool for the openings and for under the ice but hey, if you prefer you can use concrete or something else.

More pics here: https://imgur.com/a/G0Wfhlw

x3
ReiA · 10 months ago · Last edited: 10 months ago
Syntaxvgm

Syntaxvgm

Last Seen
05 Dec 2021
Topics
IGN
Syntaxvgm

I know this is only tangential, but here's my design for the hub! 
It matches my second tunnel entry. 

I hope if it’s not used, some of the design elements can be used in the eventual hub.

Other things to note-

-the hub is flat, no going up and down stairs to shops, holiday (I got a couple of complaints about that.)

-My goal was an open design that felt large. It is the same size as the 2020 and 2021 hubs, same amount of bedrock to remove too. 

x1
Syntaxvgm · 10 months ago
MadMoose0

MadMoose0

Last Seen
30 Jul 2022
Topics
Discord
Moose#7128
IGN
MadMoose0

Another colorful, spacious and this time actually simple design. Here we have "same, but different" patterns on both sides to make the tunnel less boring and give an idea in which direction you're going.

Plot -4 -3

More pics:

Spoiler

P.S. I've noticed that floor made of azalea under glass was used previously by Syntaxvgm in one of his/her submissions, so if it's against the rules (or frowned upon), please let me know. 

x1
MadMoose0

MadMoose0

Last Seen
30 Jul 2022
Topics
Discord
Moose#7128
IGN
MadMoose0

One more design (there's no limit for submissions, right? =)

My initial inspiration here is planet Taris from Star Wars: KotOR game. Obviously, I had to change the original colors with available blocks and it's not very recognizable now.

Although mostly black and white, it has a hint of color that also helps to determine direction to the hub. It's quite spacious and simple to build, although maybe a bit tricky on the resource side, since deepslate and andesite can't be obtained automatically or through trading/bartering.

In this design we have double frames for personal tunnels, which is not quite aligns with the guidelines, but makes the pattern less obvious and the build more clean. As the bonus, neighbors can build wider and more creative tunnels. 

Plot -4 -3

More pics:

Spoiler

x3
MadMoose0 · 10 months ago
Lonnie3

Lonnie3

Last Seen
02 Feb 2022
Topics
IGN
Lonnie3

Copper maybe a bit expensive but can easily swap it out for another block. Creative plot co ords: -487, -588. 

x2
Lonnie3 · 10 months ago · Last edited: 10 months ago
MadMoose0

MadMoose0

Last Seen
30 Jul 2022
Topics
Discord
Moose#7128
IGN
MadMoose0

Ok, the last one from me =)

Are materials extremely expensive? - they are
Is it a nightmare to build? - definitely
Will it win the competition? - probably not
Do I absolutely love it? - yes, thousand times yes!

This design is inspired by Dwemer architecture from TES: Morrowind and it's remakes. Of course, not much left of it, but the overall vibe is something I think I succeeded to recreate. Celling has an elytra-friendly half-tunnel and magma blocks under the ice could be covered by rails if required.

It relies on the /gamerule doFireTick false to make lava work with wooden blocks and employing low level light sources around the ice to make everything look warmer while not melting the ice.

Plot -4 -3

More pics:

Spoiler

I'm not really expecting this design to be used, but I just love how it turned out =)

x1